Diabetic Foot Treatment in Havana, Cuba
In this video
Diabetes Mellitus is currently one of the most prevalent non-communicable chronic diseases around the globe.
Among the most feared complications include diabetic foot (20% of diabetic patients develop foot ulcers at some point in her life), to be a priority because of physical-motor disabilities. Therefore, it is also a major health problem for healthcare systems around the world.
It is known that 50% of major amputations from any cause are related with Diabetes Mellitus and neuro-vascular complications with high economic and social cost.
Cuba has successfully developed a drug (Heberprot-P), novel and unique, prescribed for therapy of diabetic foot ulcer is a lyophilized sterile, white product, preservative free, for parenteral administration. This product contains factor recombinant human epidermal growth at a dose of 75 ug / bulb.
Benefits of Heberprot-P
- Stimulates granulation and healing progressive and sustained
- Reduces the number of surgical interventions
- Reduces the number of recurrences
- Reduces healing time and thus derivatives, such as gangrene and infection or super -infection, then the wound is becoming deeper and more tissue debridement is required or may even amputate
- Reduces costs for hospital stay
- It increases the quality of life and the functional recovery of the patient.
Taking into account the classification of the lesion and the patient’s progress, treatment may be extended to eight weeks, you can continue the medical program.
For more information about the Diabetic Foot Treatment offered by Basa Medical Tourism Cuba, please contact us!